Monday, April 21, 2008

First CT requirement for Sara Amarie

So, I was accepted to Sara Amarie's CT last week and immediately went to work creating a hybrid project for my first requirement. This cute little notebook I did for my daughter, Taylor, was a cheap-o $1 note book from the local dollar store. It really was quick and fairly easy. I used Sara's Buggy Cute Bumble Bee kit and her Splat Party on here.
I simply measured the cover and added 3/4 of an inch to the length and width so that it would wrap around to the inside of the cover. Then I created a piece big enought to cover the entire inside of the cover. I printed my new covers on Staples full sheet label paper and stuck it over the ugly dollar store cover. Next I used a pen to poke small holes where the spirals come through the covers. Then I used my Crop-o-dile to do the holes and then slip the covers back on the notebook.


From there, I added tiny little crystal blings to the stars and to the buttons in the center of the flowers using a Scotch Scrapbookers glue pen. I used a very light coat of Krylon triple thick crystal clear glaze on the front and back to protect it. Then I added a little "T" monogram with the glue pen again and created a little dangly using jewelry string, beads, and flower bead frames found in the craft (jewelry) section at Walmart.

Next on my agenda is to put another one of these notebooks together, an address book, some note cards and a mini tag album for my daughter's friend Sarah. Stay tuned for more photos!

No comments: