This week, the Hybrid Chick Caravan has traveled to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog to participate in their sketch challenge. Let's get right to it!
Here is the sketch we're playing along with:
And here's my card based on the sketch - I went a very simple route with my card:
I'm still very much a beginner at all of this stamping stuff. I tried Sylvia's inking technique on the edge of my brown patterned paper and then used a sanding block to distress the edges. She's always very kind to answer questions from this newbie - thanks Sylvia!!!
The flower was created using a new to me technique I found on the Ribbon Flowers blog - I used a wood burning tool to help create this flower.
It's not apparent on the photo but the bottom half of the card is embossed with soft and subtle dots.
- Sketch: 2 Sketches 4 You blog
- Digital Scrapbooking kit: Friends are Forever by Creations by Rachel - avail. at The Digichick on 7/29
- Stampin' Up!: Kraft cardstock, brown satin ribbon, button, twine, leaf stamp, corner rounder punch, Swiss dots embossing folder, Big Shot
- Hampton Art: "thinking of you" foot longs stamps
- Misc.: tombow adhesive tape runner, Zots adhesive dots, Tim Holtz Distressing ink - Vintage,
So, join the Caravan - use the sketch to create your own card. Upload it to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog and don't forget to link us to your card on the Hybrid Chick Caravan facebook group so we can leave you some luv!