Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hybrid Baby Shower Favor and Candy Bouquet

Just to back up a bit and give you a little story as to how this came to be...At the beginning of October someone posted on our local Freecycle site looking for any leftover baby shower favors, decorations, etc. Well, I couldn't let someone "collect" various favors for a special time in a new Mom's life, so I emailed the lady and offered to do all of the baby shower favors for her. Had no idea who the ladies were and have never met them. After a few emails about the size of the shower and themes, I went to work. I also offered to create 2 candy bouquets for her to use at the shower in any way she wanted.

Here is the Baby shower favor I created for her - I also wrapped about 25 shower mints in white netting and tucked them in the shoe.



I found the idea online, followed their instructions and then went about "fixing" the first one to look more like a shoe, including the area for the "laces"

The little hanging tag was created using Melissa Bennett's Bundle of Boy kit from the Sweet Shoppe, font is Darcy Baldwin's HeatherG, and saying on the tag says: Little hands, little feet, pure and precious, and oh so sweet!

Here is one of the candy bouquets I made - both were the same.


Credits can be found HERE

I'll be posting my instructions on the Candy bouquet on my blog this week for anyone that is interested!

That's it for today! See you again soon!

9 comments:

Leigh said...

First off, such talent! And then such sweetness to do all this!

Mary said...

omg, WOW that is a beautiful gift girl you should so sell those I'm sure you'd make $$ of your talent!

Melissa said...

That was seriously nice of you, and they are adorable!

Lena said...

Luann, you are SOOOO sweet! I am in awe! This sort of good deed will come back to you through karma. Bless you!

Vanessa said...

Those are awesome!! Great job! I don't think I could ever do any projects like that.

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I agree with the others you have some creative talent there. Thanks for sharing you wonderful ideas.

MyEbella aka Kim said...

bring good tears to my eyes!
That for someone you don't know and never met you would offer to spend the time and money!
They turned out amazing! LOVE LOVE that shoe!!!

AfriDigiDiva said...

Those are so incredibly beautiful. You've got a gift!
I hope they invited you to the shower!!

Kresta said...

Wow, those are awesome and just beautiful! I know those ladies were blessed by your generosity!