Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mojo Monday 150

Hey there - thanks for stopping by!

Today's post is going to be a short one - it's 1:40am here and I need to get to bed so that I get up at 6:30am.

The Hybrid Chick Caravan made it's third stop at the Mojo Monday blog to participate in their sketch challenge.

Here's the sketch we're playing with this week:


When I first saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to use Elise's Pieces Designs newest digital kit Garden Fresh. I just loved the mix of browns and greens in the kit.



My card came out much different than I had envisioned in my head. I know I should have inked the edges but wasn't sure what color to use to do it.



Additional supplies:
MFT Die-namics big scallop border
green cardstock, flower rub-ons, and white rub-on dots from Stampin' Up!
Natural colored cardstock used for matting by Red River Paper
corner rounder punch
tombow adhesive runner
craft essential ribbon

I'm still learning this whole stamping thing but am starting to see an improvement in the overall design and in the end result. They are no where near "prize" worthy but through practice each card should continue to show improvement. My cards lack that WOW! factor....

I need to keep taking a close look at other cards and ask questions. and....learn to take some constructive criticism so that I can learn and improve even more.

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very Striking LuAnn.

Merlie said...

Give your self some credit girly girl! Your card is great and I love how you stick with one color, but different shades of green(it's my favourite color)

Cheers!