Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Monster Candy Dispenser

So, I totally planned this project for a blog hop that Kelleigh Ratzlaff was having today.  The idea hit me as I shopped her templates in her store.  I was super excited to come up with a unique way to use her candy dispenser template so I shopped for the perfect papers to use for my project - and I found one that was PERFECT! 



And here is my adorable not-so-scary monster candy dispenser:


and a side view of those sharp teeth:



and... then I realized that Kelleigh's blog hop was to showcase her newest template - a Seed Packet Card template - that will be in her shop on 4/26/12.


You can head over to Kelleigh's blog and see what her team and a few of the Hybrid Chicks did with her template.

After adding a digitial paper to Kelleigh's template, printing it and assembling the template, here's how I created my monser candy dispenser:

I used my Big Shot with my Spellbinders' circle dies and cloud dies from My Favorite Things.  The clouds are what I used to create his eyebrows.   To create his teeth, I simply cut a strip of white felt and then cut triangles along one side.

The maribou is attached with hot glue.

And there you have it - a monster candy dispenser that is totally adorable if I say so myself!

I'm linking my candy dispenser up to the following challenges:

1 comment:

Joy said...

How fun is this creation, love it..nthanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog